Question:
Recommend a good restaurant in Ottawa?
nellierslmm
2006-09-19 17:37:34 UTC
Could anyone who lives, or has been to, Ottawa recommend a good restaurant? Something that is affordable, around $50-60 for a couple. I'm planning a weekend in Ottawa, and would like to know if there are some particular good spots not to miss. Thanks!
Seven answers:
Sandra C
2006-09-20 06:27:38 UTC
I live in Ottawa. There are some amazing restaurants but many are very specific cuisines. If you can add where you are staying and what type of food you like I will help you out.

Unfortuanetly there are not many good sites for Ottawa restaurants but I will recommend www.ottawaplus.ca for some idea's

Tex mex - in the market - Blue Cactus

Diner food - unique style - in the market - Zak's Diner

TEx Mex west -end (Lone Star) Can't beat the fajita's!!!

Friday Roast Beef house is a romantic place ( reserve a spot by the fireplace) - downtown

Fratelli's - best italian

If you are styaing downtown, wander around the market. It has many many restaurants and they all have the menu posted outside. If it's busy...it's probably pretty good!
Zsoka
2006-09-20 10:33:05 UTC
The following are my favorite restaurants in Ottawa (I live there):

The Infusion Bistro

825 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1S 3V9, Canada

(613) 234-2412

Excellent fusion food at a very good price.

Vietnam Palace

819 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, ON K1R 6R4, Canada

(613) 238-6758

Best spring rolls in town!

La favorita

Preston street (they just moved) 613-749-7490

Best Pizza!

New Dubrovinik

613-722-1490

1170 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1Z 7K6

Great Eastern European Food

Hope this helps you out!
love2travel
2006-09-20 18:02:46 UTC
You'll get some ideas of where to eat in our Ottawa travelogue:

http://www.thetravelzine.com/4canada2000.htm

You can search the archive of TheTravelzine group for "Ottawa restaurant" and find lots of tips from our members: http://www.thetravelzine.com/TTarchive/

Have a great time!
million$gon
2006-09-20 08:35:23 UTC
For European / "continental breakfast", or lunch, or coffee/tea & snacks, with first class quality bakery and gourmet cheeses, delicattessen stuff, mousse, croissants, light or rich deserts, etc, etc... casual but comfortable tables, relaxing lighting, eat in or take out, the food is very top quality, heavenly, but reasonable or cheap prices... Le Boulanger Francais The French Baker

119 Murray Street

Ottawa, ONT (Byward market area / Bytown)

check the map and someone else's review on google.ca

For Dinner, if you want to try something new and different,

try the restaurant called "Sweetgrass", 108 Murray Street, fine dining at moderate prices, actually some of the foods of the first people to inhabit this land.

(PS- Avoid the hotel restaurants, the service at the hotel restaurant was extremely slow.)
Ross
2006-09-19 19:02:24 UTC
Hey Col Mustard. The crime was committed at Home>Dining Out>Canada>Ottawa.....Dumbass! Now answer the pretty lady's question or I'll supersize you upside the head.
2006-09-19 17:46:15 UTC
Ottawa, Kansas?

Ottawa, Ontario?

Since you didn't specify, it makes it difficult to make a recommendation. But both have a McDonalds....
horses
2006-09-20 14:59:01 UTC
lone star

dennys ( south keys)